Dark Chocolate Ganache
Yesterday when I shared that decadent chocolate mousse, I mentioned sharing a recipe for a killer chocolate sauce sometime in the future.
Since I just downloaded a new recipe plug in, I figured today would be a good day to test it out and share this recipe.
How delicious do these profiteroles look?
Unfortunately the dessert in avlxyz’s photo isn’t covered in the same chocolate sauce, but it looks pretty darn close. You’ll just have to trust me, because I have no picture. Okay?
- 4 ounces whole or 2% milk
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ c sugar
- Chop chocolate and melt over a double boiler, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- In a separate pot, bring milk to a boil. Let rest for a minute to lower temperature. Pour milk over chocolate and stir until fully incorporated.
- Boil cream, sugar, and butter in same pot that once held milk.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cream and return to heat. Stir until piping hot, but do not let the mixture boil.