Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
We’ve reached the mid-week point. Wahoo!
It’s rainy and chilly here in New York City, but I’ve got some fun plans tonight anyway—sushi dinner with five of my friends!
I’m always excited to share my recipes with you all, but today’s is extra-special, because it’s something I have had in my head for at least a week. Last week I bought some ground turkey to throw into some pasta for dinner. While I was cooking, I spotted some hummus in the fridge and got the idea to make Mediterranean turkey burgers. Since I didn’t have the ingredients on hand, I promised myself I’d make them later in the week.
Later in the week turned into this week, because the only other time I cooked I had the specific request for chicken marsala (which was SO good, by the way. But cooking for a bunch of hungry guys prevented me from capturing a photo. It’s definitely on my list to recreate though, not to worry!).
When I finally had some time to whip these up last night, I had high hopes. Luckily, they did not disappoint. Even with the short ingredient list, these turkey burgers are very flavorful. There is no salt, pepper, or spices in the recipe, yet I was still going back for a seconds.
Top them with some homemade tzatziki (Carol has a recipe but, when in a pinch, a mix of plain yogurt, vinegar, and diced cucumbers will do. It’s what I did last night.) and eat with or without the bun. I opted to save myself some carbs, and ate two of these sans bun. Absolutely delish!
I’m pretty excited that I’ve got six more individually wrapped patties in the freezer all ready for a night when I have zero time to cook, but want a tasty dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ small white onion, diced
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix turkey, pepper, onion, feta, bread crumbs, and egg in a large bowl until well combined.
- Form into eight equal-sized patties.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high. When oil is hot, saute patties (up to four at a time, depending on the size of your pan) for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove to paper towels to drain and serve immediately.